Religious Education – Grades 1 – 8
Religious Education Registration
for Grades 1 – 8
St. Francis of Assisi offers classes in religious education for children and teens from grades 1 through 8. Our program seeks to impart knowledge of the faith into which our children have been baptized, and to support parents and children through lessons, activities, liturgy, and preparation for the sacraments of Reconciliation, First Holy Communion and Confirmation.
Our formation classes are continuous and build one year upon the next. Grade 1 is required for First Eucharist preparation. Grade 3-7 are required for Grade 8 Confirmation.
We offer two types of religious instruction:
- Our Atrium program is a Montessori-based curriculum for Catholic religious instruction, following the curriculum of The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. This instructional method is used through Grade 3.*
- Older students are taught in a traditional classroom setting, with instruction by a teacher; a text-book is used, followed by hands-on activities and crafts, which support the lessons. This program is designed to prepare for the sacrament of Confirmation; which takes place in 8th grade. Students are instructed and challenged to foster their own faith and to make a deep connection with Christ in their daily lives. Opportunities to participate in community service projects are also offered.
- Preschool, Kindergarten (ages 3-6)
– Sunday: 9:30 – 10:45 a.m. – OR- 11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Grades 1 – 2 – 3
– Grades 1, 2, & 3: Sunday: 9:30 – 10:45 a.m. -OR- 11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. – OR-
– Grades 1 & 2: Monday: 3:30 – 4:45 p.m.
– Grade 3: Tuesday: 3:30 – 4:45 p.m.
- Grades 4-5
– Sunday: 9:30 – 10:45 a.m.
* Atrium instruction in Grades 4 and 5 is available only for children who have completed Atrium instruction in all previous grades. Other students will attend the traditional program classes as shown below. For information, contact Gina Fleming, Director of Religious Education, at 203-227-8353 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grades 4 & 5 – Tuesday: 3:30 – 4:45 p.m.
- Grades 6 & 7 (Confirmation Prep) – Sunday: 6:00 – 7:15 p.m.
- Grade 8 Confirmation Year – Sunday: 6:00 – 7:15 p.m.
Registrations received after June 1 for the following school year will be subject to a $100 late fee. Tuition costs are as follows:
1 child: $275
2 children: $400
3 or more children: $525
First Holy Communion Sacrament Fee: $75
Confirmation Fee: $75
Registration and tuition payments may be done in person at the Religious Education Office, or by mail. You may also call the Religious Education Office (203-227-8353) to arrange for tuition to be charged to a credit card.
One-way busing from Weston schools to all our weekday afternoon programs is available as part of the normal school busing schedule. Transportation to evening programs is not provided.
Would you consider teaching, helping to teach or assisting in a class, or helping to organize one of our events? Contact the Religious Education Office at 203-227-8353.